RUN TO BUILD - Rules and Regulations
· GK1World (Organizer) reserves the right to limit and refuse entries as the Organizer deemed necessary. The Organizer may also limit and refuse any participant who is found physically incapable of joining or continuing the race.
· Should there be poor weather conditions, the Organizer may delay the commencement of the race.
· Should the weather conditions worsen and safety of the racers have been taken into consideration, the Organizer may cancel the race without any refund of registration fees.
· There will be no refunds of registration fees once the registration form has been processed, even if the participant chooses not to run during the event.
· All individual race entries are non-transferable for safety and control reasons. Any person doing so will be held responsible in case of damages or accidents that may arise during the race.
· Protests related to actions of any race official or runner will be accepted only in written form. Verbal protests will not receive responses. All decisions of the race director are final.
· Race participants are expected to be in the event grounds one and a half hours before the commencement of the race.
· All registered participants are to wear the official race bibs. Runners without the official race bibs will not be allowed on the race courses. Please ensure that the race bibs are displayed prominently.
· Participants who are not wearing a bib will be taken out of the race course by security officers or race marshals.
· Since this is a fund raising event, there are no timing chips. Race timings will be recorded using the main timer at the start/finish gantry. Winners will be based on runners who cross the finish lines first.
· Participants are strongly encouraged to stay on the left side of the route unless they are overtaking.
· All runners are to complete their respective races within the following cut-off times:
o 4.3km Run : 2 hours
o 8.6km Run: 3 hours
· Pets (horses, dogs, cats or other animals) will not be allowed on the course on race day.
· Race participants who are requested to retire from the race must do so immediately, if required by any member of the official medical staff, Race Director, Referee and/or Security Officer.
Race Entry Pack Collection Rules
· Race Participants must collect their Race Pack which includes the Race Bib, Event T-shirt, and other novelties from the Organizer at the Race Entry Pack Collection (“REPC”). Details regarding the location and time of the REPC will be available in the race official website.
· Race Participants must provide a copy of the confirmation slip in order to collect their their Race Pack. No confirmation slip means no Race Pack.
· If the Race Participants are unable to collect their Race Packs in person, they may authorize a representative to collect the race packs on their behalf. An authorization letter, a copy of the Race Participant's confirmation slip and copy of their IC should be provided in order to collect the Race Pack.
· Late collection will not be entertained and the Organizer shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to the Race Participants’ inability to collect their Race Packs. For avoidance of doubt, the Organizer is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that the Race Participants receive their Race Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Race Participants to collect their Race Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Race Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed as unwanted, and the Organizer shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
· Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the organizer to ensure the Participants’ safety, the Participant takes part in Run to Build 2015 at his or her own risk. . To the fullest expense permissible by applicable law, the Owner, GK1World (Singapore) Ltd, Event Sponsors or Co-Sponsors will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in Run to Build 2015. The Participant is strongly encouraged to consult his or her medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
· A Participant must retire from the race immediately if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, race director, referee and/or security officer.
National Parks Rules and Regulations
· All race participants and their companions are expected to follow the rules and regulations set by the National Parks Singapore. Please refer to their website for their governing rules and regulations. http://admin.eventshub.sg/FMS/Docs/Final%20Parks%20Charging-Terms&Conds%20200509.pdf